ExcelDashboardWidgets

Helping you create stunning dashboards in Microsoft Excel including dials, speedometers, thermometers, and much more...

Post any problems or questions you have with the ExcelDashboardWidgets spreadsheets here.

Moderator: DashboardWidgets

By KeepBM8
Hello! Love the dashboard. If I purchase the commercial license for myself, will the components work if I email the spreadsheet to my boss?
By DashboardWidgets
Hi KeepBM8

The commercial license is based on 'fair use'. It allows the license holder, or individuals within the license holder's organisation, to use the Excel widgets that we have designed in any way, shape, or form they choose - including emailing their Excel dashboard to any third party they like within or outside of their organisation.

However, if any third party individuals, or a third party organisation, then extracts our widgets and uses them for their own work or purposes, which is not connected to the work that the license holder has produced, then this exceeds 'fair use' and we would expect the third party to purchase their own 39 USD$ commercial use license.

Hope this helps and please feel free to get back to us if you have any more questions.

Cheers

DashboardWidgets
By Joellogrono
Hello,

I am using a corporate PC that runs in windows 7 Enterprise operating system and uses Office 365.
Does this Excel dashboard widgets will work without any problem considering that all software and all other application is controlled by administrator?

Best regards,

Joel
By Joellogrono
Hello,

I have message below but I have not received any replies. I need confirmation on my inquiries before I can proceed to purchasing.

Also, please let me know how to purchased....

Regards,

Joel
By DashboardWidgets
Hi Joel

Apologies for the delay – Monday was a public holiday for us and we’re just catching up with ourselves after the Easter vacation.

To quickly answer your question - we have just bought a month trial of Office 365 (it’s currently installing on our Windows 8 machine) and are just about to evaluate the performance of our Excel Dashboard Widgets Spreadsheet within the Office 365 environment so please give us a day or so and we will give you a more sensible answer.

Just so you are aware, we are not foreseeing any major issues with this release of Windows Excel as the Excel Dashboard Widgets Spreadsheet uses all native Microsoft Excel 2010 / 2013 objects (i.e. shapes, text-boxes and graphs). In addition, the Excel Widgets Dashboard does not use any VBA code so there shouldn’t be any major problems there.

To quickly answer the additional questions in your private message..
1. If I buy it using my laptop can I still use it with my office laptop or do I have to buy it again from there?
2. Is this a one user license? How do I use the this program on other PCs?
3. What if I change my PC do I need to pay again?
When you purchase the unlocked version of the Excel Dashboard Widgets Spreadsheet the widgets can be copied and used by anyone on any computer running Microsoft Excel. The commercial license is a good faith document allowing the purchasing organisation or purchasing individual (including anyone directly employed by the organisation or individual) to use the unlocked version of the spreadsheet for any use whatsoever for their internal work. If the widgets are adapted or used by a third party, or third party organisation, then that third party person or organisation should purchase their own 39 USD$ commercial license.

Once again, apologies that we don’t have an answer for you right away concerning compatibility with Office 365 (it's currently installing at about 90% - we may even have a reply for you later today).

Cheers

DashboardWidgets
By DashboardWidgets
Hi Joel

Just to confirm that the Excel Dashboard Widgets Spreadsheet works perfectly in the new desktop version of Microsoft Office 365. Here is a screenshot of what the newest version of Excel looks like ...
Office 365.jpg
However, it is important to note that the widgets DO NOT currently work in the online version (web browser) version of Microsoft Excel. This is because the browser based version of Excel is still very basic and does not support shapes. This is the error you get if you try to open any Excel spreadsheets containing shapes online ...
Excel Web Error.jpg
Excel Web Error.jpg (12.68 KiB) Viewed 5149 times
Hope this helps and please feel free to write back if you have any further questions.

Warmest regards

DashboardWidgets

Download and try for free!