ExcelDashboardWidgets

Helping you create stunning dashboards in Microsoft Excel including dials, speedometers, thermometers, and much more...

A few simple tutorials and samples to help you get started with your dashboard.

Moderator: DashboardWidgets

By Msstuckie
Good Evening,

I'm interested in your excel dashboard widgets however I'm not sure which one would be most useful to me and my project. Would your widgets allow me to keep a running tab as well as show the monthly progress? Here's an example of the data I'm collecting:

Your help would be most appreciated! Thanks
Last edited by Msstuckie on Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By DashboardWidgets
Hi Msstuckie

Did you take a look at this knowledge base page here - which may help you out?

http://www.exceldashboardwidgets.com/kn ... -base.html

In a nutshell, our widgets simply allow users to present their Excel data in a more expressive format than currently offered within the Excel package. They are simply collections of common Excel objects (graphs, shapes, and textboxes) that have been grouped together to allow users to present their simple Excel data in a more visually appealing ways (dial, traffic light, thermometer etc).

In terms of selecting the best widget - well that is generally left up to the user who should have a clear idea of how they want to present their data. However, generally the widgets are most effective when they can quickly summarise, compare, or contrast 'at a glance' the major metrics from the data - usually this is linked to a single or multiple snapshot of time (hour, day, week, month, quarter, year, etc.) .

We have no idea about the data you are trying to summarise or the key metrics you need to present - however as a suggestion, it might be interesting to prepare a one page dashboard that summarizes your key metrics for each year in addition to a running total?

Sorry to be so vague - if you can provide more information we may be of more assistance.

Cheers

DashboardWidgets

Download and try for free!