ExcelDashboardWidgets

Helping you create stunning dashboards in Microsoft Excel including dials, speedometers, thermometers, and much more...

Please post your comments related to configuring the ExcelDashboardWidgets spreadsheets here.

Moderator: DashboardWidgets

By DashboardWidgets
Hi Greg

Take a look at the Health Facility Dashboard example here...

http://www.exceldashboardwidgets.com/ph ... ?f=24&t=98
Health Facility.jpg
On the third tab (entitled 'My Database') you can see that the main dashboard pulls in data from a larger database using an Excel lookup function (take a look at the code in the yellow cells).

We don't actually use VLOOKUP, we use INDEX MATCH but the principle is the same.

Hope this helps get your head around how the dashboard works.

Please get back to us if you have more questions.

Cheers

DashboardWidgets
By GregEmerson
Thanks for the response. I will try to nuke somethoing out, for the up/down arrows, which is what I was interested in using the look-up with.

Cheers,
Greg
By DashboardWidgets
Hi Greg

If you can describe what you are trying to do we'll also try and pull together a quick example for you using the UP/ DOWN widget and VLOOKUP (and we could even make a video screencast).

Good luck!

DashboardWidgets
By GregEmerson
Hi everyone,
I was hoping to visualize data from a forecasting model in three areas: Office Workstations, Headcount and Office squarefootage. My company is looking at building needs over the next five-years for approx. 20 locations across the US. I have a spreadsheet that I was hoping to use the up/down to show the location and year in each of the three areas, to visualize the increase or decrase and it's trend percentage. Contact me at my email address and i can supply you with an example for the video screencast.

Cheers,
Greg
By DashboardWidgets
Hi Greg

Thanks for your reply.

If you can provide us with some raw data for Office Workstations, Headcount and Office Square Footage we would be happy to put together a tutorial explaining how to configure an UP/DOWN type dashboard to communicate this information in a clear and functional way.

Just for your information, our policy is to keep communication via the forum rather via email - the logic being that everyone gets an opportunity to learn from the tutorial examples that are posted here.

Warmest regards

DashboardWidgets

Download and try for free!