ExcelDashboardWidgets

Helping you create stunning dashboards in Microsoft Excel including dials, speedometers, thermometers, and much more...

Post any problems or questions you have with the ExcelDashboardWidgets spreadsheets here.

Moderator: DashboardWidgets

By lilmizhap
Hi,

Can someone help me please?

I would like to try and replicate a live version of a graphic I have seen, is there any chance?

I have attached what it looks like.

Thank you

Jo
Attachments
Dials_Without_Icons-01.png
Example of what I would like
By DashboardWidgets
Hi Jo

What a great looking dial!

Yes, this is incredibly easy. The underlying principles we use in all our dashboard widgets can be applied to create any type of data representation graphic.

Use the selection pane (HOME>FIND&SELECT>SELECTION PANE) to see the 4 individual Excel objects that we used to make the dial.
Jo's Dial.png
(120.84 KiB) Downloaded 246 times
Note that you can find the unlocked version in the Commercial License Holder's Download Area here..

http://www.exceldashboardwidgets.com/ph ... f=25&t=477

Feel free to get back to use if you have more questions.

Cheers

DashboardWidgets
By lilmizhap
How can I access the unlocked version? I have bought the excel dashboard license - but its not letting me onto the thread the unlocked version is on?
By DashboardWidgets
Hi Jo

There's a sticky post explaining how to login to the download area here..

http://www.exceldashboardwidgets.com/ph ... ?f=9&t=103
Download Area.jpg
Download Area.jpg (32.35 KiB) Viewed 6053 times
If your forum username hasn't been updated to include access to the Commercial License Holder Download Area it is probably because you used a different email address to purchase the dashboard than the one to register on the forum.

If you send a quick email to sales[at]exceldashboardwidgets.com with the PayPal purchase ID they can quickly link the two email addresses and update the forum permissions.

Cheers

DashboardWidgets
By DashboardWidgets
Hi Jo

We linked the two email addresses (hotmail and boeing) and the Commercial License Download Area is now unlocked - you should be good to go!

Let us know if you require more support.

Cheers

DashboardWidgets
By lilmizhap
Hi,

Thanks! I have got it now!

One problem! I need to change the colours to be Red, Amber, Green and blue. I see you have used the graphic as the background and stuck the dial on top. Is there a way you could re-create it with the coloured sections like your other dial example, where you can change the colours and values?

Sorry to be a pain!

Thank you

Jo
By DashboardWidgets
Hi Jo

Is this what you were after? We recreated the graphic as Excel Shapes.

By the way, the easiest way to change the color of the shapes is with the Selection Pane

RIBBON > HOME > FIND & SELECT > SELECTION PANE

It's easier if you first hide the needle (press the EYE icon next to "LINEAR DIAL NEEDLE").

The select a shape and change the colors!
New Dashboard Dial Jo.png
(35.62 KiB) Downloaded 261 times
Note that you can find the unlocked version in the Commercial License Holder's Download Area here..

http://www.exceldashboardwidgets.com/ph ... f=25&t=477

Let us know if you need more help!

Cheers

DashboardWidgets

Download and try for free!