ExcelDashboardWidgets

Helping you create stunning dashboards in Microsoft Excel including dials, speedometers, thermometers, and much more...

Please post your comments related to configuring the ExcelDashboardWidgets spreadsheets here.

Moderator: DashboardWidgets

By Martha C
I have been able to create a multiple widget dashboard using your template (it looks FANTASTIC! and was so much easier than my previous method of creating these dials). However, I need to incorporate the widgets into another spreadsheet. In order to do so, I will need to resize the widgets so they fit on portion of a single page (1/6th of a page).
How do I ensure that the widget and all the layers retain the same size ratio when I decrease the size of the object? I don't want to have to resize each layer on each widget individually if I can avoid it. :)

Thanks in advance for your help.

Martha
By DashboardWidgets
Hi Martha

Thanks for the kind words!! Yes, to answer your question - all the widgets are scalable. If fact they can be scaled to any size and because they use vector shapes they do not lose any resolution.
Martha.jpg
The easiest way is to scale a widget is to right click on the edge of the widget and select "FORMAT SHAPE > SIZE" from the list of options. Make sure the "LOCK ASPECT RATIO" checkbox is selected and then choose a suitable size i.e. 50%.
Martha2.jpg
Please note that once the widget group has been rescaled there are a few additional touches that need to be made. The first one is that font size does not get scaled automatically so the text in each text box needs to be resized - for example if the title in the original was font size 24, the title in the new rescaled version needs to be halved to font size 12. This goes for any text including subtitles or the numbers on scales.

If it helps we would be very happy to make a quick video explaining the process as often it is easier to follow.

Feel free to keep posting questions if anything is not clear.

Warm regards

DashboardWidgets

Download and try for free!