ExcelDashboardWidgets

Helping you create stunning dashboards in Microsoft Excel including dials, speedometers, thermometers, and much more...

Please post your comments related to configuring the ExcelDashboardWidgets spreadsheets here.

Moderator: DashboardWidgets

By ravi1.tandon
Hi,

I really like the way you have designed it. If I purchase the commercial license and design a altogether different dashboard using the same widgets, can I then lock my dashboard so that it cannot be modified by anyone else.

also will the dashboard work with the dynamic content query values returned through ADODB using a separate excel or any other database item. I can lock the excel using VBA however wanted to check if it can be done directly without writing a piece of code as I have multiple lines of code already for dynamic updates.

Regards

Ravi Tandon
By DashboardWidgets
Hi Ravi

Glad you like our work. To quickly answer your questions..

1. Yes, you can lock your dashboard that includes the widgets (either using VBA or the Right-Click "Protect Sheet" option) so that they cannot be modified (or can only be partially modified) by anyone else.

2. Yes, the widgets will work with dynamic ADO DB queries (although if you are protecting the sheet you may have to use the following code to update the worksheet cells that are linked to the widget textboxes).
Code: Select all
Sub MyMacro()

Sheet1.Unprotect Password:="Secret"

UPDATE THE WORKSHEET CELL VALUES THAT ARE LINKED TO THE WIDGET TEXTBOXES

Sheet1.Protect Password:="Secret"

End Sub
I don't know if you managed to see any of our YouTube videos but the widgets we provide are just simple collections of Excel objects like text boxes, charts, rectangles etc. (in fact you can ungroup them or use the 'Selection Pane' to see how the widgets are designed). Because all the objects are native Excel shapes they can be easily integrated into any Excel project.

Hope this helps and feel free to ask any more questions.

Cheers

DashboardWidgets
By ravi1.tandon
Thanks for the quick reply

With commercial license, i will get rights to use the widgets for any kind of excel project within my organization or is it only applicable to one project and will have to be re-purchased for another project.

If I am reading correctly between the lines for commercial license agreement is tied to a user and gives access to use the widgets for multiple projects but need a confirmation.

Also can I modify the widgets as per my requirement my changing the shapes etc.

Regards

Ravi Tandon
By DashboardWidgets
Hi Ravi

To quickly answer your questions..

1. A single commercial license can be used by an individual and the individual's organisation.
2. A single commercial license is valid for all the individual or organisation's (potentially infinite) projects.
3. You may freely modify (and we strongly encourage) modification of any of the widgets for your own specifications and purposes. We are able to offer support for any modifications via this forum.

To quickly quote another forum message concerning the license which can be found here.. http://www.exceldashboardwidgets.com/ph ... ?f=9&t=265
The commercial license is based on 'fair use'. It allows the license holder, or individuals within the license holder's organisation, to use the Excel widgets that we have designed in any way, shape, or form they choose - including emailing their Excel dashboard to any third party outside of their organisation.

However, if any third party individuals, or a third party organisation, then extracts our widgets and uses them for their own work or purposes, which is not connected to the work that the license holder has produced, then this exceeds 'fair use' and we would expect the third party to purchase their own 39 USD$ commercial use license.
Finally we should add that license holders are able to access a license holders download area with all of the unlocked versions of the examples that can be found on this forum. This area also allows license holders to download updated versions of the dashboard widgets spreadsheet as it is updated with new widgets over time.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

DashboardWidgets
By ravi1.tandon
Thanks for the quick reply.

One last question before I click purchase...if my address and phone number changes, how do I update you as I will be designing this as part of my report enhancement project within my department and want to ensure that I am still the authorized license holder of the widgets even if it is use by anyone else within the organization as my vision is to use the widget to design a global dashboard with specific configuration page.
By DashboardWidgets
Hi Ravi

Not a problem. If your contact details change, feel free to send us an email and we will send you an updated commercial license with the new contact details.

Warmest regards

DashboardWidgets
By ravi1.tandon
Thanks... I have just completed the purchase. Please send me the unlock version of the widgets at the earliest.

The Paypal Receipt # is 0382-0345-1019-2831

Regards

Ravi tandon
By DashboardWidgets
Hi Ravi

We've just dispatched the unlocked version of the dashboard by email.

Please continue to contact us for any support you need with your dashboard projects.

Sincerely,

DashboardWidgets
By ravi1.tandon
Hi,

In Female Percentage Widget, I see the variance value changes the color automatically, however when I go and check the bar graph color, I only see one color which is green. How is the orange getting changed when the variance is in negative. I am asking this as I am using that widget for performance metrics and need to change the orange to red if the variance is negative.

Please assit
By DashboardWidgets
Hi Ravi

We quickly recorded this video which should hopefully answer your questions!

As always, please feel free to get back to us if you have any more queries, there is anything that is not clear, or you have any other needs for support with your Excel dashboard project.

Cheers

DashboardWidgets

Download and try for free!