ExcelDashboardWidgets

Helping you create stunning dashboards in Microsoft Excel including dials, speedometers, thermometers, and much more...

Please post your comments related to configuring the ExcelDashboardWidgets spreadsheets here.

Moderator: DashboardWidgets

By darrent
I just received my unlocked copy but im having real trouble setting it up . I have watched all the tutorials but like another customer everytime control C i loose shape size . Im using excel 2010 . Can someone please help ...

Thank you
Darren
By DashboardWidgets
Hi Darren

We also use Excel 2010 in the office and for all of our videos so we are confident that we can provide a solution to your problems.

It is worth noting that the widgets are made up of common Excel objects (text boxes, shapes, etc). Occasionally when a widget is pasted into a new workbook the size, font-size, or color of a particular shape may revert to the default. The solution is to look at the size, font-size, or color of the original (before pasting) and apply the same settings to the new copy. The easiest way to do this is to use the selection pane (HOME > FIND & SELECT > SELECTION PANE).

Can we trouble you to let us know which widget you are having problems with and we would be happy to provide more specific advice - or possible a tutorial video.

Regards

DashboardWidgets
By darrent
Hi ,

Thank you or your response . I have attached the file for your reference . When copying the calculations the formulas do not appear to be copied across also . I'm trying to set up the speedometer and the traffic lights .

Thanks again
Darren
Attachments
(29.72 KiB) Downloaded 240 times
By darrent
Hi ,

Would it be possible for you to post another video tutorial to help with the set up issues im having ?

Thank you
By DashboardWidgets
Hi Darren

Sorry for the delay. To quickly answer your query - have you seen the videos on our YouTube Channel with step-by-step instructions for the Speedo and Traffic Light Widgets.

If you have any more specific questions we would be happy to make a new video for you.

Regards

DashboardWidgets
By darrent
Hi Brian ,

Thank you for your support with the inital set up issues i had . I now have trouble with the Thermometer set up . I could not find a tutorial on you tube explaining this any chance of another tutorial video ?

Cheers
Darren
By DashboardWidgets
Hi Darren

Sorry for the delay - we've been a bit busy these last few days!

Hope this video helps to demystify the Thermometer Widget a little.

Also, feel free to take a look at this post http://www.exceldashboardwidgets.com/ph ... t=334#p945 where we developed a new Thermometer Widget that incorporates color changes (GREEN > RED) depending upon a cut-off value.
Color Thermometer Widget.jpg
We have to warn you it's a little harder to set up than the standard Thermometer Widget as it uses two different chart objects (a column graph for the mercury and a pie chart for the bulb).

As always, please feel free to post more questions concerning how these widgets are set up and good luck with your dashboard project.

Cheers

DashboardWidgets

Download and try for free!