ExcelDashboardWidgets

Helping you create stunning dashboards in Microsoft Excel including dials, speedometers, thermometers, and much more...

Please post your comments related to configuring the ExcelDashboardWidgets spreadsheets here.

Moderator: DashboardWidgets

As stated in the title, the calculation for Widget K I found to be faulty. For example, When I entered the Actual as 5 and the Previous as 1, it gave me an 80% increase, which is obviously incorrect. The original formula used was as follows: (Please note that I have changed the linked cells in this example to "A" for Actual, "B" for Previous, and "C" for Difference, the cell with white text that subtracted B from A.)

=IF(A>B,CONCATENATE("+",ROUND((C/A)*100,0),"%"),CONCATENATE(ROUND((C/A)*100,0),"%"))

This formula basically just gives the same number and adds a + if positive. This would essentially work if you were dealing with numerical increase/decrease, but this does not work with percentile increase/decrease. I took the liberty to rewrite parts of the formula so that it came out correctly for percentage increases. The changes are in red bold.

=IF(A>B,CONCATENATE("+",SUM(ROUND((A/B)*100,0)-100),"%"),CONCATENATE(ROUND((C/B)*100,0),"%"))

Now it shows the correct increase. Instead of 5 being an 80% increase from 1, it now reads properly as a 400% increase.

I hope this information helps your better your product for future customers!
Hi twest

You are absolutely right!! Thank you for taking the time to go through the math and inform us where we went wrong?!
=IF(A>B,CONCATENATE("+",SUM(ROUND((A/B)*100,0)-100),"%"),CONCATENATE(ROUND((C/B)*100,0),"%"))
We have updated the calculations and future customers will benefit from your excellent feedback!

Apologies for the delay - we've just got back from a business trip and are catching up.

Please let us know if there is anything we can do to support your dashboard projects.

Once again, thank you for your feedback - it is really appreciated!

Cheers

DashboardWidgets

Download and try for free!